IICRC Applied Microbial Remediation Technician Course
Our IICRC Applied MIcrobial Remediation Technician Course provides students with the training and knowledge they required to successfully perform their role to the highest level of industry standards. By completing this course you will obtain IICRC accreditation.
Discovering contamination in a property, whether it is residential or commercial, can be confronting. Homeowners and occupants are concerned about the health of their family and what this means for their property.
For a professional working in the industry it is important to know the facts about mould. The aim is for attendees to gain confidence in following the current industry standard document: ‘IICRC S520 Mould Remediation Standards in Remediating a Mould Effected Property’.
This course provides the skills to assess for contamination and effectively remediate a property. It will also enable you to speak with the customer confidently about the the facts.
To find out when the next course is scheduled, please see our Course Dates.
The IICRC Applied Microbial Remediation Technician Course (AMRT) is great for people starting out in the industry as a mould remediation technician, or for those who are already completing water damage restoration and mould remediation works who want to gain further knowledge. This course gives you a great understanding of mould remediation and best practice procedures for completing jobs. All materials taught in the IICRC Applied Microbial Remediation Technician Course are in line with the IICRC S520 Mould Remediation Standards.
The AMRT course will give residential and commercial maintenance personnel the foundation knowledge needed to understand the procedures necessary to deal with microbial contamination and mould projects that occur. It will help with understanding:
- the science of microbial contamination
- how mould grows and how to assess the extent of damage
- the basic methods used in mould sampling as a tool for compiling assessment information
- the equipment involved in mould remediation and how to maintain it to minimise issues
- how mould affects different materials and when remediation is an option and when it is best to replace building materials
- the way mould contamination is categorised and the appropriate procedures in dealing with the various categories
- the safety aspect of completing a mould remediation project
On completion of the IICRC Applied Microbial Remediation Technician Course, you will have the confidence to talk to customers about mould and other microbial contaminants and how to handle any project professionally.
The IICRC Applied Microbial Remediation Technician Course is the beginning of a learning journey to become a true expert in dealing with mould affected properties.