How does the IICRC Certification Program work?
How do you obtain IICRC Certification?
In order to obtain IICRC Certification you must attend an IICRC Training Course in its entirety and complete the IICRC Exam. This exam takes place on the last day of each course. You must achieve a score of 75% or greater in the exam in order to qualify for the IICRC Certification.
What happens if you do not pass the IICRC Exam?
There are many students who are not used to studying and can take a bit more time to get the hang of learning as an adult.
If you do not pass the exam, you have two additional opportunities to sit the exam. IICRC is very strict on privacy. No one else finds out that you did not pass the exam, not even our team at TESA Directive.
If you receive your results and find out that you have not passed, you will need to contact the IICRC Asia Pacific Office on 1300 307 751 or email email@example.com directly to arrange an exam resit.
How do you keep your IICRC Certification current?
Think of your IICRC Certification like a driver’s licence – these need to be renewed.
To keep your IICRC Certifications current there are a few things you must do:
- Demonstrate that you are continuing to gain and update your knowledge in the industry. This is done through the IICRC’s Continuing Education Program.
- Continuing Education Credits can be obtained through your attendance at any TESA Directive course, it does not have to be an IICRC specific course.
- Credits can also be obtained by attending industry trade shows and recognised events.
- Ensure you renew your certification annually.
- You will receive an email from IICRC each year that will provide you with all of the information required to renew your certification.
- Once you have renewed your certification you will receive a Certificate and Certification Card.
What do you do if you are unsure whether your IICRC Certification is up to date?
If you are unsure whether your IICRC Certification is up to date, contact the IICRC Asia Pacific Office on 1300 307 751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be able to assist you. The IICRC Asia Pacific Office is based in Sydney.
How does the relationship between IICRC and TESA Directive work?
The IICRC set the curriculum and the certification exams however they do not run the training courses, this is left to IICRC Approved Schools and IICRC Approved Instructors.
In order to become an IICRC Approved School or IICRC Approved Instructor a submission is out forward to IICRC which then goes through a rigorous process before approval is either granted or denied.
TESA Directive is proud to be an IICRC Approved School and supporting our students by offering several of the IICRC Approved Courses.