TESA Directive Methamphetamine Laboratory Remediation Technician Course
Our TESA Directive Methamphetamine Laboratory Remediation Technician Course provides students with the training and knowledge they required to successfully perform their role to the highest level of industry standards. By completing this course you will obtain TESA Certification.
Throughout Australia, the issue of Methamphetamine abuse has developed significantly over the last decade. It can be easily made and produced in large quantities. As a result is has become an attractive prospect for drug manufacturers to move into, and push.
Residential properties and unoccupied houses are highly targeted by drug manufacturers. Therefore pushing the issue into our industry.
The remediation and cleaning industries have noticed a significant increase for servicing the effects of Methamphetamine on properties. We discovered a gap in the market for a comprehensive training program. As a result, we created this course to train cleaners and remediators to safely fix these properties.
To find out when the next course is scheduled, please see our Course Dates.
Need More Information?
If you have any questions, please contact the TESA Directive team by email, phone 1300 192 968, or fill out our contact us form.
The TESA Directive Methamphetamine Laboratory Remediation Course has been specifically designed not only for those in the industry wishing to up-skill, diversify and offer new services to loyal clients or within new income streams, it is also designed for those starting out in the remediation or cleaning industries to develop the skills they need to start their business.
In developing the course we felt it crucial to base everything we do on the guidelines introduced by both the Australian Federal and State Governments, as well as those set down by the New Zealand Government, another nation to be forced to deal with this issue.
This course will train restorers on how best to work with extremely hazardous materials in a volatile environment.
- Learn about risk minimisation strategies
- Clandestine contamination identification and indicative testing
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Understand the procedures to decontaminate a meth lab
- Learn how to create a remediation action plan and manage a project
- Grasp the science of clandestine chemistry
- Understand how contaminants spread through properties
- Become competent in the techniques involved in remediation and how to minimise issues
- Discover how the chemicals involved in clandestine laboratories affects different materials and when remediation is an option and when it is best to replace building materials
- Understand the safety aspect of completing a remediation project
Course graduates will complete the course with a thorough understanding of the risks associated with methamphetamine labs, how to remediate them and how to market this very specialised service to ensure you gain work in this field.